Amazing Dog Facts – Did you Know…
Our Blog Page gives you a quick view of what we have to say. We will always keep you informed where we can and offer information about your Canine friend.
For more amazing facts – GO HERE
- The Greyhound is the Fastest Dog on Earth and can run 45 miles per hour for short periods of time.
- The Irish Wolfhound is the largest dog breed.
- The Great Dane is the tallest dog.
- The Chihuahua is the smallest dog breed.
- The St. Bernard is the heaviest dog breed.
- The Worlds oldest known dog was an Australian cattle-dog named Bluey who lived to the age of 29 years and 5 months!
- Barking Sands Beach, on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, is known for its unusual dry sand that squeaks or “barks like a dog.”
- Two dogs survived the sinking of Titanic.
- The Great Dane breed of dog originates from Germany!
- At the end of the Beatles’ song “A Day in the Life“, an ultrasonic whistle, audible only to dogs, was recorded by Paul McCartney for the enjoyment of his Shetland sheepdog.
Dogs communicate with barks… …and if your dog is barking, there is usually a reason for it. This training exercise in no way teaches your dog to attack but to use a simple method to make your dog understand you. Dogs may hear something that we can’t, or they may just bark out of boredom, they may bark just to hear sounds and stay busy! If you give your dog lots of exercise, toys, attention and have made your garden playful for your dog, teaching him not to bark should be fairly easy. Start his training with his collar and...
Basics of Education Sit, Stay and Lay Down Chloe is a 2 year old chocolate lab, much loved by her family, and very easy to train, this is because of the amount of love she is given by her family. You see, Chloe, like any other dog, will do anything to please the people she loves. To read the full article subscriber to our newsletter. First Name Email Contact FormName *Email *Comment or Message *MessageSUBMIT See larger image LAWRENCE Tender Care Slicker Brush, Small (Misc.) Lawrence Tender Care Slickers feature softer pins, which are less...
The instinct of the Wolf. There are a lot of reasons a dog will dig holes, it may be instinct. During the winter the Wolf will eat all of the food that he kills, this is because he is unsure of the next time he will eat. During the summer, he will dig a hole and bury part of the kill and return later to finish it off, this is a lot like your dog burying a bone in the backyard. A dog that is outside in the summer may dig a hole to get out of the heat, in the winter he may dig a hole to get out of the cold. They may also dig because they...
One of the big reasons dogs chew is to relax! One of the biggest problems dog owners face, other than house breaking, is chewing, and dogs can find things to chew in an empty room! Your dog can chew the front piece of wood on your sofa, you don’t realize until your wife sit down one day and ruined a pair of stockings. The area he had chewed was about 9 inches wide and went down into the wood 7 or 8 inches! It was time for me to teach him not to chew on things! Chewing is a normal pattern for dogs, one of the big reasons dogs chew is to relax....
Pet Nail Grinder, OMorc Low-Noise Pet Claw Grinder, Trimmer, Clipper Premium Diamond Bit Grinder with 2 AA Battery for Dogs. To read the full article subscriber to our newsletter. First Name Email See larger image Cordless Pet Dog Nail Grinders – Zerhunt USB Rechargeable Pet Nail Trimmer for Cat/Dog Small/Medium Animals Claw Care (Misc.) The Zerhunt handy electric PET NAIL GRINDER offers your pet a safe and LESS stressful nail clipped experience. What could be expected from Zerhunt electric usb rechargeable pet nail grinder? 1. Work...